Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Next 30 Years

I tell you what, this has already been a week of reflection.  First, the movie "To Save A Life" and now a song by Tim McGraw called "My Next 30 Years" that I heard scanning through the stations today.  I turned 30 back in March of this year and to be perfectly honest, it got here a lot faster than I thought it would.  I mean, come on, when I hit 20 I knew it would take 40 more to hit 30....NOT! 


I've had some pretty awesome experiences for someone of my age....I mean, there's not a lot of 30-year-olds who (1) have performed in NYC's Carnegie Hall, (2) performed opera in Florence, Italy (3) owned their own home by 29.  I'm not trying to boast, but when I look at these things, I think "That's all some pretty awesome stuff but what does it matter in the grand scheme of things?"


Look at these lyrics:


I think I'll take a moment to celebrate my age, an ending of an era and the turning of a page.  Now it's time to focus in on where I go from here…….Lord have mercy on my next thirty years.

In my next thirty years I'm gonna have some fun…..try to forget about all the crazy things I've done.  Maybe now I've conquered all my adolescent fears……and I'll do it better in my next thirty years.

Find a world of happiness without the hate and fears,  Figure out just what I'm doing here…….in my next thirty years.

My next thirty years will be the best years of my life, Raise a little family and hangout with my wife.  Spend precious moments with the ones I hold so dear, Make up for lost time here……in my next thirty years.

So what can I do to make the next 30 years the best years of my life?  I'm signing off at this point.....to make a point.  I want you to think "What can I do in the future that (1) I havn't done yet, (2) that will make a REAL difference in this world (3) will leave a true legacy when I'm gone.

While you're trying to figure that out, you can LISTEN LIVE AT http://www.whif.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment