Monday, October 25, 2010

Here I Am...Send Me!

Do you ever feel like God is calling you to do something?  Ever feel like there is an urging your soul do something great for the Lord but you feel like you’re “unworthy”  because of something from your past?  Perhaps you feel like you’ve done something that God can’t “take care of”?

Let’s take a look at something from the book of Isaiah, chapter 6-

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke. "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."  Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 
With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."  Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"  And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Wow….that’s kinda cool but perhaps, if you’re like me, there are some words in there that are kind of hard to read and understand.  Like, what kind of name is “Uzziah” and just what exactly does the word “Attoned” mean?

Let’s read those verses again but this time, let’s read it from a different version:

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Master sitting on a throne—high, exalted!—and the train of his robes filled the Temple. Angel-seraphs hovered above him, each with six wings. With two wings they covered their faces, with two their feet, and with two they flew. And they called back and forth one to the other, Holy, Holy, Holy is God-of-the-Angel-Armies.

His bright glory fills the whole earth.  The foundations trembled at the sound of the angel voices, and then the whole house filled with smoke. I said, "Doom! It's Doomsday!  I'm as good as dead!

Every word I've ever spoken is tainted— blasphemous even!  And the people I live with talk the same way, using words that corrupt and desecrate.  And here I've looked God in the face!
The King! God-of-the-Angel-Armies!"  Then one of the angel-seraphs flew to me. He held a live coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. He touched my mouth with the coal and said,
"Look. This coal has touched your lips. Gone your guilt, your sins wiped out."  And then I heard the voice of the Master: "Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?"

I spoke up, "I'll go.  Send me!"

WOW!  Straight out of the Word of God… you may be feeling like “Doomsday” has come to you and your house but let me tell you this:  If you are a true, born again child of God…if you have asked the Lord Jesus Christ to be your personal Lord and Savior, then your guilt is GONE!  Your sins are WIPED OUT!  It’s time to quit worrying about whether or not you are unworthy…God never calls the equipped to do His work…He equips the called.  All you need to do is show up!

If you have never asked Him to be your Lord and Savior, it’s this simple:
“Lord, I need your help.  I’ve done wrong and said wrong things…I’ve sinned.  Please, save me from MYSELF!  Be my Savior!”

That’s it!  Now, you need to find a good, BIBLE-BELIEVING-PREACHING-TEACHING church to attend.  If you need help finding one, feel free to email me at adamedwardgeorge@yahoo.com 

LISTEN LIVE AT WWW.WHIF.ORG !

1 comment:

  1. As I ran this morning, I asked God to illuminate my path. I asked Him to show me what He'd have me do and where He'd have me go.

    We must realize that Jesus is enough. To think that our wrongs cannot be forgiven, is to tell God that the cross Jesus carried, died on, and defeated is not enough.

    "God never calls the equipped to do His work…He equips the called." If you're uncertain, as I am, of the exact path you are to walk; wait. His silence is not a punishment. God will reveal all when the timing is perfect.

    If you're willing, He will use you. In the meantime, love God, trust Him, and love your neighbor as yourself. You can never go wrong with this!

    ReplyDelete