Thursday, October 21, 2010

Better Today

I’ve recently come across an artist by the name of Coffey Anderson.  I must confess, I have become completely taken with his sound…..I know, SHOCKING…..  PLEASE don’t tell Third Day that I said that! 

He sings both Praise & Worship as well as secular ballads.  At the very end of this post, you’ll see a video of him singing one of my favorite praise & worship songs (I like that he also teaches people how to do the song).

Before you watch it though, I want you to think for a minute about the words to one of his secular songs called “Better Today.”  It’s a song about a man standing at the altar waiting to marry his wife.  It’s a beautiful song that I wish was around 4 years ago when Kelly and I got married.  However, the lyrics can sooo totally go to the spiritual realm.  Check it out:

And I wanna hear your voice, in the morning when I rise
I think I know I’m just a normal man, only made of sand
Except when you’re by my side….
…..you made me better today
Better than I was before
And now my heart can rest and I will search no more
You made me better today, today, today!

WOW!  If that doesn’t sound like the prayer of a redeemed soul, I don’t know what does.   I’m so thankful for that particular night 15 years ago when I came to the realization that I was just a “normal man, only made of sand” and that I needed Christ to be by my side.  Indeed, HE has made me better today!

Yes, today I am a better man, husband, father and minister because I called upon a Savior who can move the mountains…one who was mighty to save….now HE HAS CALLED US to shine His light and let the whole world sing….let them know that we are singing for the glory of the Risen King!....to let them know that because of Jesus, we are Better Today!


No comments:

Post a Comment