Wednesday, October 27, 2010

God's Comfort

Ever read the 23rd Psalm?  No, I mean REALLY read it?  Here, look at this:

God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.  You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from.  True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.

Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure.  You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies.  You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing. 


Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life.  I'm back home in the house of God... for the rest of my life! 

(taken from The Message version of the Bible)

So what's the theme here?  God is with us to comfort and bless us all the days of our lives.

Some Key verses that stuck out to me were "You walk at my side....you make me feel secure...my cup brims with blessing...I'm back home in the house of God...for the rest of my life!"

Through this passage, God tells me that no matter what, the good- the bad- the ugly...no matter what i do or where I may screw up, God is with me...NO MATTER WHAT!

Thank you, Father, for being there- for loving me in spite of myself and for the fact that it doesn't matter how far and hard I may try to run away from you...YOU ARE WITH ME and YOU STILL LOVE ME! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment