Wednesday, September 29, 2010

PRESS ON!!!

How often have you found yourself going through some trial or task only to feel at some point like giving up?  I know I've felt that way MANY times.



I'm always comforted though by the words found in Philippians Chapter 3, verses 7 - 14.  Check it out:

I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ.

For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith.  I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death,  so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead! I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that i have already reached perfection.

But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.  No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing:  Forgetting that past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Now if you are like me, many times you stop at that point and think, "Wow!  That is inspiring!"  And true, it is....but when you need some encouragement, DO NOT STOP THERE!

Check out verses 15 & 16:

Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you.  But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.

WOW!  When those thoughts of doubt and fear come towards you, just remember that if God has truly called you to it, He will see you through it!  Finish The Race!!!  God bless you all....and remember, LISTEN LIVE AT http://www.whif.org/ !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment