Friday, September 24, 2010

Picnics with Boo

As I'm sitting here typing, my Boo is taking a nap.  What is my Boo?  My three year old son.  Today is a special day as every Friday is.  It's the first day of my weekend.  Fridays for me are always spent like this:  1)  Get the kids up, dressed, fed and off to take my oldest son to school.  2)  Then it's our ritual trip to the Wal*Mart.  My three year old and his baby sister absolutely LOVE to go to that place.  Not that we're buying anything but that the workers there by now know who my kids are and they always speak to them.  Also, Boo loves to greet the fish.  Any trip to Wal*Mart requires a stop by the fish tanks.

For the rest of the week, Boo will talk about something from our trip today for the next six days.  Children are like sponges...they soak up everything they are around.  All the more reason that we teach them early about the Love of the Lord, His commands and why it's so important to become a Christ follower.



While he had a wonferful time at the store (as he always does), today is a little more special though.  When he wakes up, sister is going to Nanny's house and then us guys are goin on a park picnic.  He's been asking the last week or so to go to the park but life has been crazy busy!  Well, not today.  Today, my time belongs to my little boy.  We're going to pack a lunch...it's gonna be kind of fun to be a kid again...if only the swings were sturdy enough for me.  It's okay...I can still scale the little pirate ship and run across the gangplank. 

If you're a parent reading today's blog, think about what it says in Psalms 127, verses 3 - 5:
Don't you see that children are God's best gift? The fruit of the womb his generous legacy? Like a warrior's fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth.  Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children!  Your enemies don't stand a chance against you; you'll sweep them right off your doorstep.

I'm sure that the writer meant something far more deeper but I know that in about an hour, our enemies.....the pirates....they don't stand a chance!  COME ON BOO!!!!  IT'S TIME FOR A PICNIC AT THE PARK!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging Adam!!!! I'm excited to follow yours..... :-)

    ReplyDelete