Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'M SOOOO GOOD!!!!

Okay, so now that I've got you thinking "Wow....that's.....well now", I'm not trying to boast.  It's an attitude I came across this morning and wondered "Do I ever act like that?".  Check this out-

Luke 18: 9 -12....Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.  The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: "God, I think you that I am not like other men- robbers, evildoers, adulterers- or even like this tax collector.  I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get."

WOW!  Can this guy be any more boastful about his good works?!  Do you know anyone like that?  I know I sure do....wanna know his name?  I'll tell ya....it's Adam!  Yes, I'm speaking about me.  How often do we come before the Lord and without even realizing it, act like "God, I've done this for you and that for you and oh yeah, this too!"

Look what this passage goes on to say in verses 13 & 14.....   "But the tax collector stood at a distance.  He would not even look up to heaven but beat his breast and said, "God, have mercy on me, a sinner!  I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God.  For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."


The prayer I want to find myself praying is that of the tax collector.  Not long phrases of eloquent language....just simple truth.

Maybe you're struggling just as I do sometimes.  Here's how you can get beyond it....pray like the tax collector: "God, have mercy on me, a sinner!"  Remember, there are a million things that we need healing from...our attitudes and mindsets about ourselves and others are just a couple.

May be you blessed today...and remember....LISTEN LIVE AT WWW.WHIF.ORG !

No comments:

Post a Comment