Monday, September 27, 2010

Hope in the Distance

So how was your weekend?  Ours was an okay two days.  I had a GREAT time sharing Saturday afternoon and evening with you....was kind of fun crashing in on the last few minutes of Alisha's show...wish you could have seen her face when I walked in...it was CLASSIC! 



Been doin a lot of thinking this morning.  I won't be too specific here but I had an "event" to tend to Saturday morning and it got me really bummed and upset.  I was the only one to show up for it.  Ever feel like you're beating your head against a brick wall?....like, there's no hope with what you're trying to do?  That was me Saturday morning but God worked through the music Saturday afternoon and really helped me out.  It reminded me that I am but a tool of the Hand of God....I can not save the world....I'm not called to save the world....I'm called to be a tool.  Thank You, Jesus, that You heard my cry and that You do not disappoint!  Help me to remember that all I have to do is start...YOU are the One who will finish.

One of my favorite songs is by TobyMac...."City on our Knees".   Here's my favorite part:  "If you gotta start somewhere why not here...If you gotta start sometime why not now?  If we gotta start somewhere I say here...If we gotta start sometime I say now!  Through the fog there is hope in the distance..."   

Did you catch that last line?  Through the fog there is HOPE in the distance....   so, no matter how bad the fog is, remember, there is hope in the distance and His name is JESUS!

Someone told me once that charachter is what you build when you're doing the right thing even though no one is looking....well, there is SOMEONE who is ALWAYS LOOKING....remember that HE is our HOPE in the DISTANCE!  Have a great day and remember......LISTEN LIVE AT http://www.whif.org/ !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment