Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fathers

As you probably already know, music is a big part of my life.  Okay, it's a HUGE part of my life.  When I think of holidays, I can't help but think of a piece of music that accompanies it.  Where else does my mind go on Father's Day but to the hymn "God of our Fathers."  It's an OLD song but it is also one of the few old songs that, at least for me, are timeless!



God of our fathers Whose almighty hand
Leads forth in beauty All the starry band
Of shining worlds In splendor through the skies
Our grateful songs Before Thy throne arise

Thy love divine Hath led us in the past
In this free land By Thee our lot is cast
Be Thou our Ruler Guardian Guide and Stay
Thy Word our law Thy paths our chosen way

From war's alarms From deadly pestilence
Be Thy strong arm Our ever sure defense
Thy true religion In our hearts increase
Thy bounteous goodness Nourish us in peace

Refresh Thy people On their toilsome way
Lead us from night To never-ending day
Fill all our lives With love and grace divine
And glory laud And praise be ever Thine

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY....To My Abba!

No comments:

Post a Comment