Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hear My Cry

Have you ever felt like you were sinking and there wasn't anyone who took notice?


I've felt like that a couple of times...even as recent as a week ago.  But the Lord is faithful and He took notice.  Sometimes, I will wake up in the middle of the night with a scripture on my mind...that came "out of nowhere" (I know where it came from)....and I'm like "Umm....really?" 


The other night was one of those nights.  I woke up and immediately "heard" Psalm 39.  I'm not sure I had ever even read that chapter before then...if I had, it'd been a LONG time.  So, I got up, took my Bible and journal and headed for the family room.  Verses 12a & 13 hit me like a brick wall:


12a “Hear my prayer, LORD,
   listen to my cry for help;
   do not be deaf to my weeping....

13 Look away from me, that I may enjoy life again
   before I depart and am no more.”



Next time you're thinking "Will I ever get past this?....will I ever be happy again?"   Head on over to Psalm 39!



No comments:

Post a Comment