Monday, March 7, 2011

Aspirations, Inspirations and Expirations

Well, once again as I did almost six months ago, I found myself this past weekend up at Mandarin Presbyterian Church attending the North East Florida Great Banquet.  Only this time, I was asked to be on the leadership team as the worship leader, not a guest.  If you've never been, check out www.nefgreatbanquet.com for more information.  You'll be a changed person!  Anyhow, back to my blog....   we heard many speakers over the weekend each with an amazing message.

One of the speakers this weekend was talking about what you do with your life today affects the lives of others forever...whether or not you even realize it.  He went on to say that you should Aspire to Inspire before you Expire.  Did you catch that?  WOW.....  

One of the people who helped bring the NEFGB to our area is a lady named Paige.  An incredible Christian woman of faith who prayed like no one else.  Paige has been battling a life threatening illness for a long time but she never ceased praying for those involved with the GB...either as a guest or team member.  Mandarin Presbyterian Church is incredibly blessed to have Kevin Pound as their Senior Pastor.  Kevin and his wife Pattie went to visit Paige this past Thursday night.  She was in bed praying for the men who were attending this weekend's Great Banquet.

Paige died Sunday morning (yesterday).

She definitely was one who Aspired to Inspire before she Expired.  May I be that kind of Christian....when I am at my life's end...that I am more concerned with praying for others than I am myself.  Take your place, Paige, in that great cloud of witnesses.  Well done, good and faithful servant!

2 comments:

  1. True, True, True!!!! We ALL are impacting someone at at some level for good or for evil. There is a ripple effect that will take place with every breath you breathe. Choose which side you are on today!

    Thanks Adam!

    ReplyDelete